Ripped off at Rooms by Zoya B

Lovely furniture for baby. Not cheap though. At those prices, I had hoped for a certain level of customer service. Well guess what? As soon as I handed over my money for the bulk of the stuff (crib, changing table, rocking chair), the trouble began:

FIRSTLY, Zoya B needed to send someone to measure our window for curtains. The person rescheduled twice, before finally showing up.

Then we waited three weeks for an estimate. When the estimate came in, I almost gave birth there and then. For one window, the cost would be $4061.

Several days earlier, we had dressed all the other windows in our apartment (a total of five windows) for a grand total of $3414 for all five windows.

So when I called to see whether that really was the cost, I was informed, by an assistant, that Zoya B works exclusively with one woman who charges high prices for making the curtains. But if I wanted I could buy the fabric at 10% discount and get someone else to make the curtains. Well thanks for nothing, I don't fancy building my curtains piecemeal. So I went elsewhere to get a full curtain service at a much more reasonable price.

SECONDLY, we made the mistake of accepting that the delivery charges for all the purchased items would be quoted to us at a later date. Word to the wise, if someone refuses to give you delivery estimates at the time of purchase, there is a reason for that. They plan to bend you over and rob you. So, for a delivery of less than 3 miles from their warehouse to our home, we were charged $571. To add insult to injury, it was not sent in one invoice. After receiving two invoices totaling $463, I emailed to say, please, is this the last of the invoices? I was told, yes. Then two days later, another invoice for $108 dropped into my inbox, with a note saying, sorry, we forgot to include this invoice for delivery of the rocking chair.

When we protested this, we were told that we were welcome to collect the items ourselves. So we hired a van and went to their loading dock. The whole experience cost $50.

We have purchased beds, a couch and other large pieces of furniture from stores all over Manhattan and never have delivery charges been so high. Zoya B's assistant banged on about how delivery men make their living out of delivering things and that someone has to pay them. Well guess what, I have never had this expense with any other shops. The amount we spent to make our nursery using Zoya B, had me thinking that delivery would be somewhat factored in the cost.

IN CONCLUSION, at no point during any of this, did Zoya B herself bother to communicate with us. We copied her into emails and told her assistants that we expected to hear from her. But she remained absent.

There is an element of greed here that is unacceptable. Zoya B's furniture is pricey and takes 10-12 weeks to be delivered. She knows that by the time she sends those delivery invoices, I am 9 months pregnant with no time to go elsewhere. That's when she swoops in and takes that last stab of extra cash.

The whole customer service experience has been disgusting. No word from Zoya B, very delayed responses from one of her assistants, and non-stop pathetic excuses from the other assistant. No attempt was made to make the customer happy. Every attempt was made to screw the customer.

My advice is stay away from Zoya B. Sure her stuff is nicer than most, but the baby won't care either way. Remember that all baby products must meet all the relevant safety standards, and that is what counts more than anything else. Go to Buy Buy Baby for instance and you'll get your stuff instantly and with minimal delivery charges. Less stress, more civilized.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 4 Yes 4 0 No 0
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 15, 2014 #884963 New York, New York

I agree have I read your review before I went to purchased from them I would have stayed away from them. I had a very similar experience all your comments are just like mine.

0 0 Reply

Oct 06, 2011 #355141

I completely agree with the whole story of MaxineRyder ! stay away from Rooms by Zoya B if you do not want to be robbed. We ordered a very expensive toy chest from them. First of all, they asked for a full payment in advance, after they received the payment, they forgot about us.
We were waiting for a months to receive our order. We also made the same mistake with the shipment quota and ended up paying additional $ 300. The toy chest (special order $ 3450) arrived unpacked, I mean completely unpacked. Inevitably, there were scratches and chips! We did not accept the item in such a terrible condition. So, deliveryman took it back. A few more weeks of waiting (customer assistants went cold turkeys, did not return phone calls and emails in time). At least we received it, though we did not want it anymore. But Rooms by Zoya B refused to cancel the order and issue a refund. It was the most unpleasant shopping experience in my life.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Zoya B. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Zoya B.
Filing a new complaint about